twitstamp.com

Friday, July 21, 2006

Tomb Raider: Legend is headed my way


Here's the true test of Tomb Raider's return.

I've never been a fan of the game before, and I always cringed at those old pictures of Miss Lara. She looked weird and slightly disturbing like Orchid from Killer Instinct. Besides that, the early games also never felt right to me. I had a hard time even getting started with playing them (controls, style, etc.). Times are different now, as I've experienced much more in the last several years when it comes to games.

Today, I'm finding Lara's make-over is welcome. I even hit up the XBL demo because hey, it's free and I don't have to buy a magazine. This time around, I actually enjoyed the controls and the game. However, I didn't feel the need to go drop $60 just to lose my "Tomb Raider cherry" (the previous experience was more of a "1st base" thing). I decided to wait until it was about half of that price, and ebay came to the rescue today at $34.

I'll report after I've had experience with the full game. Can I be "turned"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home