twitstamp.com

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Shadow of the Colossus is completed


Apparently, there is some replay available if the gamer is interested in playing the game over again at a higher difficulty or with a limited time frame for each fight. Special weapons and items become available as well, although why these aren't available until a second playthrough is beyond me.

However, after finally getting through the game and watching the interesting ending, I'm done, and have no interest in playing through again. What did I take away from playing this game?

Well, I now am interested in playing ICO, which I believe is somewhat of a sequel to SOTC. The game designers did a great job, but I still wish they would have made the game on a more capable machine. I especially like how "open-ended" the story becomes, meaning the player has to come up with some of the story themselves. That makes the story almost like an epic poem.

Now that I'm done with the game, I can somewhat rate it with numbers. With better controls, graphics and special items on normal, this game could have easily been a 9 out of 10. However, I'll have to stick it with a 7.5; the gameplay saves the experience from a failure, but it still needed a lot of polishing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home