twitstamp.com

Thursday, March 23, 2006

NDS and PSP recommended games, and hopes for the Revolution


Metroid Prime: Hunters and the Nintendo GDC Keynote made me want to make a list of games I recommend for the DS. I figured I would do the same for the PSP as well.

My DS recommendations:
  • Metroid Prime: Hunters

  • Mario Kart DS

  • Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney

  • True Swing Golf

  • Meteos

  • Tony Hawk's American Sk8land

  • Trauma Center: Under the Knife

  • Nanostray


*My PSP recommendations:
  • Mercury

  • Lumines

  • Midway Collection(?)

  • Burnout(Takedown?)

  • Tiger Woods PGA 06


*Note, I don't own a PSP (yet), I play my room mate's.

From what I've seen, the DS still has the best selection of games. Nothing that has come out lately has been that interesting for the PSP.

As far as the Revolution goes, wouldn't it be great if Nintendo included the Metroid Prime 2 Multiplayer with the Revolution? It is Nintendo's Halo afterall, and a lot of fun. If it supported online play, I would play MP2 a lot more. It'd be a good way to silently stab at Microsoft (not that I want them to).

Hopefully the Revo will support flash memory cards and/or USB storage. They say it won't have a hard drive, so I'm wondering where we are supposed to store all these Virtual Machine games? I'm willing to get a 4GB CF card for that purpose.

Nintendo would also be smart to include an S-Video connection (component would be better, but I think more people's televisions have S-Video support). Even SD looks great with non-composite cables.

E3 should be Nintendo's moment, but we all know that Sony will steal it. Give me a Revolution!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home