twitstamp.com

Monday, February 20, 2006

Games that made a console purchase worth it


I made a comment at Engadget today that made me think, "What games have been great enough to leave me satisfied with a console purchase?"

So, here's a list, in order I received the consoles:

Nintendo Entertainment System


  • Super Mario Brothers Trilogy

  • Metroid

  • Ninja Gaiden Trilogy

  • TMNT2

  • Mike Tyson's Punchout


Sega Genesis


  • Mortal Kombat

  • Sonic the Hedgehog Series

  • Ecco the Dolphin Series

  • NBA JAM: TE

  • Street Fighter 2: CE

  • Streets of Rage Trilogy


Super Nintendo


  • Mortal Kombat 2

  • Super Metroid

  • Street Fighter 2: CE

  • Samurai Showdown

  • Super Mario Kart


Nintendo Gameboy


  • Metroid II: Return of Samus

  • Tetris

  • Dr Mario


Sony Playstation


  • Mortal Kombat Trilogy

  • Intelligent Qube

  • Xmen vs Street Fighter

  • Final Fantasy 7 & 8

  • Einhander

  • Twisted Metal 2

  • Xenogears

  • Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2

  • Gran Turismo 2


Sony Playstation 2


  • Final Fantasy X and X-2

  • Xenosaga: Episode I

  • God of War


Nintendo Gameboy Advance


  • Metroid Fusion

  • Metroid Zero Mission


Nintendo Gamecube


  • Metroid Prime Series

  • Mario Kart: Double Dash

  • Resident Evil 4


Microsoft Xbox


  • Halo 2

  • Ninja Gaiden

  • Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory


Nintendo DS


  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

  • Mario Kart DS


Microsoft Xbox 360


  • Call of Duty 2

  • Tiger Woods PGA 06

  • Zuma


Can you tell I like Metroid? I haven't been disappointed by one yet, except maybe Metroid Prime Pinball. I like it, but pinball is only entertaing for so long.

Anyway, I'm sure the list should be longer, but this is all I can come up with at the moment.