twitstamp.com

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Revisiting some "last gen" titles

My universal controller has me revisiting some of my dusty "to-do" games.

As for wrapping up Xenosaga, I felt the finale was a bit dry. On the other hand, I don't really know how else they could have done. Overall, the series was worth it, and I can say that the story annihilates anything labeled Final Fantasy. Anyone tired of the usual boring RPG fare should pick up the Xeno trilogy. The road is bumpy and the story is complex, but the experience is a satisfying one.

After that, I finished up The Suffering: The Ties that Bind. That is one crazy game, and I was loving the switchable 1st to 3rd person modes. The story is a little hard to follow, and the ending didn't prove its worth for the effort required. It was enjoyable, but it's not for everyone.

Following that, I finally completed Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. My gusto for the game has waned since I haven't played it for so long. However, upon completing it, I came to find that the "true ending" only comes after playing the game three times all the way through. In the beginning, there are three paths to take, so this makes sense. But without achievements, updated graphics, and solid mechanics, there's little motivation to run this game again. If you beat the game once and that's enough for you, then check out the true ending on youtube.com.

Tonight, I've been working on Geist. The universal controller is leaps and bounds better than the Gamecube controller for this game, mainly because of the better right-analog stick. As opposed to before, I'm enjoying this game now, although I expect to take an non-completionist approach to reaching the end in the upcoming days.

This should complete the games I desired to finish for last gen, sans the upcoming God of War 2. I still have to tackle ICO, finish Panzer Dragoon Orta, and the Megaman X collection, but those can be saved for rainy days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home