twitstamp.com

Monday, May 14, 2007

Halo 3 beta - What works, what doesn't

GamePro: What works and what doesn't in the Halo 3 beta

It sounds like Bungie has done some weapons balancing. Thank God.

I'm not sure why we even still need a Plasma Pistol...other than "noob" combo-ing, it was worthless. It sounds like it has been toned down to compensate for this widely hated weapon.

The Mongoose's addition seemed like it would be welcome and GamePro approves. That's good...I always wondered why there was no human competitor to the Ghost.

I was also worried that the Spartan Laser would be cheap. It sounds like it is balanced enough to be useful and not aggravating.

Problems revolve around the Brute's new trajectory and the new grenades/mines. Without playing the game, it's hard to see if it's just something new that needs to be learned, or if the implementation is off.

I guess we'll see. I'm not part of the Beta since I didn't want to buy Crackdown, but we figure we can just wait until the actual game comes out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home