twitstamp.com

Monday, August 13, 2007

Xbox 360: Bioshock Demo initial impressions



Before we get to any praise, Bioshock fails the leg-test. What the hell is the leg test? Look down when you play the demo. Your character doesn't exist. Prey does this as well, so does Doom 3. I find this an annoying over-sight, but we'll make do because thus far, this game is PRETTY.

The first thing I said, "If launch titles looked like this, everyone would have an Xbox 360 right now."

The atmosphere was done very well, if not perfectly. We've been admiring how graphics have been making things look like they are tangible albeit not-quite-real. I attribute that to lighting. Bioshock is another fine example of lighting done right.

Without revealing too much, I can say that the characters are as creepy as they've been made out to be. You'll see about any that you've seen screenshots/videos of in the demo. What they say and do is all part of the picture, along with the desire to look deeper and explore. But you'll want to hide, too.

Go download and play it for yourself.

1 Comments:

Blogger SuicideNinja said...

I apologize for hot-linking the picture. I made a bad assumption of how Blogger handled remote pictures. I fixed it for you, anonymous.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home