twitstamp.com

Friday, December 09, 2005

Xbox 360 launch comparison at 1up.com


I would post a link, but I can't find it. Anyway, only one line is important from the blog I read, which mentioned the PS2 has had a whole pile of crap. The truth revealed. And on a bad note for Microsoft, he metions their launch is only a little better than average.

The PS2 does have A LOT of games. Go to the gamestore and you have a whole wall dedicated to PS2 software. Talk about misleading. Most of the games I've bought lately have been boring and a waste of time. God of War was a fresh breath of air. I have high hopes for Shadow of the Colossus (and others I don't remember the names of).

Since multiconsole games usually go to the Xbox, why buy the PS2 or Gamecube version? Live makes a big difference, especially with replay value. God of War was fun, but I have not desired to replay it since I saw the end. Sans gore, Ninja Gaiden is just a better all-around game in my opinion. With NG Black, I can compete in score with the world. The probablem with NG is it takes more skill than the average gamer can dish out. Tell that to a Sony fanboy.

Also, who plays PSX games anymore? Hardly anyone as I can tell. So I'm sick of hearing "back-catalog". Give me Intelligent Qube & Final Fantasy VIII and I'm good (but I won't play them). When the PS3 comes out, won't we want CURRENT gen games anyway? Pretending we're going to go back to PS2 games for long is silly. Nintendo is a different story in that retrospect though.

I've learned to check reviews on a game before trying it, ESPECIALLY when a game is on the PS2.

This time around, I can say that both Microsoft and Sony will have piles of crap games. Developers will get the most out of the 360 first though, so that means we should see some great titles in the future. Sony will take the same amount of time, but who wants to wait for them to catch up?