twitstamp.com

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Interesting place to find a Final Fantasy history lesson...

TeamXbox?

All the information is accurate as my memory serves. I never really played Final Fantasy on the NES or SNES, so I'm not sure about those parts. But I did play Dragon Warrior 1, 3, and 4 (couldn't find DW2 at the time) on the NES (cast HURT MOST lol). I was more of a Genesis fan than a SNES fan, so Phantasy Star 3 & 4 had my attention at the time (didn't get 2 until a couple of years ago).

I started my FF'ing with FF7. I think a lot of other people did as well. I liked it because the characters seemed a bit more human for the most part and the story was complicated. I actually preferred FF8 more because it seemed more personal and the characters felt even more human. FFX and FFX2 were like that as well, even if the latter was plagued with a Charlie's Angels theme. This is probably why I preferred the Phantasy Star series back in the day. FF9 didn't do this, and I hated it. Beat that game and gave it away; don't miss it. As previously mentioned, I'm running through FF8 at the moment.

Is Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles any good? I guess I'll buy it one of these days.

I played Phantasy Star Online for the GCN, and it was mostly disappointing (too repetitive). Hopefully the next installment will be better. I'm sad it isn't going to be on the Xbox though....and instead it goes to the PS2 =\.

Actually, I think Square did the best job with Xenogears as far as storyline goes. The graphics weren't top of the line, but they supported the story very well. It's unfortunate that the series went to Namco instead. However, Xenosaga was still one of my favorite RPGs of all time. It's unfortunate that the developers made the sequel unbearable to play. Hopefully XS3 will solve that problem.

Lots of RPGS, so little time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home