twitstamp.com

Monday, May 22, 2006

PSP first full length movie and homebrew

I'm finding this "having to worry about the firmware version" thing extremely annoying so far. Since I don't have any games yet, I tried a few of my room mate's games. All of them require me to update my firmware. I decided against it, so about the only thing left for me to do was to borrow and watch Spiderman 2.

2 hours of blurriness, artifacts, and streaking was annoying. I got used to it after a while, but it's no wonder the UMD format is failing. For the general UMD prices, I'd rather just buy it on DVD. A 4GB storage medium would be nice for converted video, but it's still limiting.

The only thing left was homebrew. That took me a minute to figure out. Apparently, some files need to be exploited, and it results in having duplicate folders. I didn't look too far into it, but I was able to play SNES games. The LCD screen fared much better in that arena. I'll have to mess with it more when time is available (and a bigger DUO!).

I guess I just got so used to appending a header to the homebrew .nds file, putting it on the DS (via CF card in my case), and openining it...that's it. You do have to worry about supported flashcarts and passmes initially. However, once those are in place, you're set. Firmware isn't a problem if you use a passme2 and flashme. I sure took that for granted...

Hopefully this firmware thing can get some universal resolution in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home