twitstamp.com

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I give no support to Microsoft's 120GB HDD pricing defense

Microsoft defends 120GB Xbox HDD price - Joystiq

Sorry, Microsoft. As a person in IT, I don't buy your ridiculous HDD markup justification:

If you compare what we are offering with a real plug-and-play drive the closest thing would be to take a 120-gig self-powered external PC drive, and in that case we are seeing those retail at anywhere from $160 to $200 for comparable laptop-sized external hard drives.


Nobody tell this guy that you can buy a similar hard drive for half the price and then a $18 USB enclosure to make an external drive yourself. And that's after the respective manufacturer's markups.

This is a sad attempt at an excuse, and it is sickening. It reminds me of the PR excuse as to why we don't have rumble in the PS3 right now...

04/05/2007 Update: Fixed a spelling error in the title.

1 Comments:

Blogger Raymond Dubisky said...

No kidding. I have a 500GB external sitting right next to me that I bought for much less than what their drive costs.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home