twitstamp.com

Friday, April 20, 2007

I'm going Elite.

Microsoft's Xbox 360 Elite gets unboxed and uncased - Engadget

Unfortunately, my new television doesn't handle VGA signal that well from the Xbox 360. It doesn't stretch to the edges of the screen and the colors get washed out. The same applies to using my laptop; but then again I'm required to go VGA-to-DVI adapter to get it to work.

Due to Gamestop's upped trade in, I've decided to part with my white 360 and an extra Xbox for $300 off the Elite. That leaves me spending $180, which would be the same as just buying the hard drive. But I'd get the HDMI and the black color I've always wanted. And a new controller to boot. So why not?

It's funny still how I don't see a big difference between 1080i and 1080p. Honestly, I'm not too worried about the HDMI, but why not try it out? The only problem is that this will force me to use the PS3 or Xbox 360 for movies, since my upscaling DVD player is currently using an HDMI port. Eh, why not use the PS3. It's got to be good for something...but then I have to buy that NON-IR remote.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home