twitstamp.com

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Finally, news on the new ALIENS game

*Note, I will always capitalize ALIENS in reference to the movie. There so many stupid references to the standard black-eyed, thin-body, huge-headed aliens that I find it important to stress that these are the real Giger deal.

Well...a bit to my chagrin, it appears that the new ALIENS FPS game will have the player portraying a Colonial Marine. While this guarantees some hot Pulse Rifle, Flame-thrower, and Smart Gun action, I still prefer to play as the ALIENS themselves.

At least they are working with those who are making the ALIENS RPG. I had the inkling to make an ALIENS RPG when I was a kid, but I didn't have the time, patience, or coding-skill back then to make what I had envisioned (a Dragon Warrior meets Bart's Tale type RPG). Let alone the art skill to come up with my own ALIENS design.

While AVP: Extinction is the only RTS game I've ever enjoyed, it still wasn't much to save the franchise from it's descending past. AVP was horrible on the SNES, and those ALIEN 3 games were rather disappointing. Viva la AVP3...please...please...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home