twitstamp.com

Friday, July 27, 2007

Hopefully the last review on the Messenger kit

Gamespot brings a Messenger Kit hands-on review which should be the last one I cover. I'm confused as to why Microsoft is waiting so long to release the product (09/06/2007), but I'm still glad it's coming. I'm getting annoyed at manual text entry, wireless keyboard batteries dying, and/or plugging in a keyboard because messages are too difficult to do.

Indirectly, it looks as though the thumb board doubles as a headset adapter. This is a plus, although most normal headsets don't have a dedicated muting function. I'll probably be sticking to my wireless headset for the most part, but if the battery dies at an inopportune time, it's good to know I can use any of my original Xbox headsets if needed. And of course, the kit comes with a mutable headset as well.

Surprisingly, the mating of the contoller and thumb pad doesn't look unweildy. I can't wait to try it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home