twitstamp.com

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Why are you buying a PS3?

So I hear people are jumping to PS3. What I can't figure out is why? I guess Metal Gear Solid, but that's only one game. Even if it is a "ten", I can't say I understand why one would prefer MGS to Splinter Cell. Hiding in boxes and barrels just seems a little too fantastic for me, but maybe they made it fun this time. When MGS4 hits the bargain bin, I'll pick it up. The first 3 failed to capture my attention in all honesty, and I TRIED to get into them.

Okay, I give in. I bought the PS3 just for Final Fantasy XIII. Unfortunately, it turns out that was a mistake. Maybe many felt the same way about MGS. I mean, they did make 4 of them, so the game has to mean something.

Still, Blu-ray is still unimpressive and I find myself continuing to stick to DVD's. It was odd, but I saw an older gentleman purchasing 2 stand-alone Blu-ray players which had me scratching my head. Why not just buy PS3's? Well, I bet the stand alone player would be a hell of a lot easier to use than the PS3, so I rescind the question.

At this point, I can't say now is the time to jump on any of the consoles. The 360 has the best over-all library (in quality and quantity), and that will probably continue to be the case. However, summer isn't really treating it well for that. The Wii...well, I don't know what the hell it is anymore. I'm over it, I know that much. The PS3 isn't a totally awful console, but it has to be the least enjoyable for me. I haven't even bothered to get the last couple of updates, and the one game I was waiting for will be on my preferred console now. Sure, Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 are coming...but did the prequels really warrant any excitement for continuation? I can't say yes to that without lying.

Sony, just get an ALIENS VS PREDATOR exclusive and I'll be happy. LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home