twitstamp.com

Sunday, September 21, 2008

More gaming, less blogging: Assassin's Creed

I just finished up Assassin's Creed, and finally earned all the achievements for a non-XBLA game. I'm close on Halo 3 and Dead Rising, but the effort involved for the last couple just didn't seem worth it (14 hours of DR? Good hell).

Anyway, AC was entertaining, although it was definitely over-hyped. Mine is the "Collector's Edition", which I remember grabbing merely because it was the same cost used. The story is a bit refreshing, although nothing that should blow anyone's mind like the Xenosaga series or Xenogears. The gameplay takes a minute to get its hooks in, but it remains addictive for the duration of the game. In short: replay value is low. But the tech used in this game is noteworthy to any geeks that care as much. I look forward to the sequels.

So my Xbox Live subscription is up next month. I usually head to ebay to save a few bucks. While getting frustrated that ebayers over-value a lot of things, I decided to give Walmart.com a look. We're down to $45 dollars for 12 months, and a price drop is even coming up. That's under $4 a month and for me it's been worth every penny for the last few years. I'm not sure what the complaint is, unless people are purchasing by the month (which is a rip-off).

Still waiting for home on PSN... but lately I've been getting the feeling it's going to be a short-lived flash-in-the-pan. I also get the same feeling for XBL's avatars. Guess we'll see.

For now, I'm going to go through Jericho by myself. I played a couple levels then ended up watching a room mate play the rest. I know why it was rated poorly, but the game wasn't given enough credit either. It just needed more funding to clean it up and it would have been stellar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home