twitstamp.com

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Sony ruins a game again...

I was excited when I read about Lemmings being released for the PSP. This was an excellent game, although not quite timeless. Reminds me of the old days of allowing a few lemmings to scatter around, and then making them all blow up. Fun stuff.

If you've never heard of Lemmings before, you control a band of dozens and dozens of little green-haired creatures. The object is to get them from point A to point B without letting too many of them die in the process. You grant lemmings special attributes such as stair-building, parachuting, or digging, and uses those skills to get them through the puzzlish levels. It's a lot of fun.

Anyway, I come to find that Sony owns Psygnosis. That means no DS version. I can't possibly imagine this gaming being as intense with PSP controls (that analog stick SUCKS). If we are lucky, some homebrewer will release a similar game for the DS with appropriate touch-screen controls.

When I get my own PSP, I'll pick up Lemmings anyway, but it is a huge disappointment that a game that's just screaming to be on the DS, won't be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home