twitstamp.com

Thursday, February 15, 2007

"Expressing" yourself even if "It's only a game..."

One of my room mates was mocking me the other day (in a friendly way) because I have a tendency to get livid and loud when Halo 2 rips me off (whether it's lag, a cheap kill, modding, or just the opponent's ridiculous luck). Cliche time came with the usual, "It's only a game," comment.

Before I go any further, I want to say that said room mate does exactly the same thing on Halo 2. The difference is, he has no idea how to play FPS games, and constantly complains about the location of the analog sticks (he was infected by Playstation). His "complaints" generally revolve around him dying first (because he cannot aim) or not knowing where he was getting shot from. For all intents and purposes, he's a "noob".

Anyway, I responded to the cliche this time. I quipped, "Whatever. You can say it's 'Just a game,' but when the Super Bowl was on, all of you were yelling and screaming at the television louder than hell. Everyone was getting pissed off every other play, and none of you were actively participating in the game, which makes it worse. How is that any better?"

He shut up after that. =)

Note: That isn't me in the picture, just some random picture off google.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home