twitstamp.com

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

360 Rumors form Voltron and retrun (Black+HDMI+120GB)

It's doubtful anyone wants to whack this rumor mole back into its hole. We've seen these rumors before, although combining all three together is slightly new.

I've commented before on how a bigger hard drive and/or HDMI included in a newer 360 wouldn't upset me. As consumers, we have little room to complain as long as the core functions will work on the newer version. I would imagine we would complain more if the newer 360s DIDN'T get improved.

I for one, don't even have a HDMI-having HDTV yet. And I'm in no rush to get one since component only blurs text on the PS3; the Wii and 360 display just fine.

One thing the PS3 and the Wii have me realizing is that I'm really not in dire need of more hard drive space. The freely changeable hard drive in the PS3 had me excited...only to find that I have no use for the 50GB of space not occupied by Linux. I want to buy an SD card for my Wii, but I see that I have plenty of onboard room still. My computer(s) is the better place for media, and I'll keep it that way.

As far as the 360 is concerned, I don't mind streaming music and video from my computer. Actually, I prefer it that way, because I can backup my computer much easier than any of my consoles. I tried the downloadable tv shows/movies, and it's not for me. I'd prefer a physical copy or a movable digital copy.

So for me, HDMI and 120GB aren't much of must-haves. But I would love to have a black 360. The Wii is okay in white, but the 360 should have been black all along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home