twitstamp.com

Thursday, August 23, 2007

DMC4: 360 a hair up graphically, a hair down controller...ly...


Before I say anything, I want to make it extremely clear that I am not a Devil May Cry fan. I played it a couple times hear and there and I was never impressed with it, especially after having played the excellence that is Ninja Gaiden. God of War destroys DMC on all counts as well. To me, DMC3 was a mockery of action game (please...never let Dante talk again...). My ex loved DMC though, so I had to endure the games.

Anyway, Gamespy offers thoughts on the differences between the PS3 and the 360 version. They feel that the graphical polish went to the 360 version, although the difference isn't enough to get fanboy-extrodinaire over. They also felt that porting the dualshock controls over to the 360 controller failed.

I'm not surprised on the controls...on the demos and what not I've played on the PS3, they always mix up the trigger and L/R buttons in my opinion. It's almost like long-time Playstation developers are confused by the SIXAXIS' slippery triggers. But according to the original controller design, a lot of it would make sense. Hopefully Capcom adjusts the controls accordingly, and makes the game competitive to other titles in the genre.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home