twitstamp.com

Sunday, December 23, 2007

PS3 Futility Chronicles: Volume - Lost Count

I've finally had a moment to sit down. The last couple of weeks have been hammering me in and outside of work. Obviously, I've been short on posts during this time.

I did get a weekend poster assignment over at techbugtv.com. One of my recent posts covered a supposed way to improve PS3 visuals. I decided to try it out once my gaming room was available to me.

This of course led to messing with themes since the background disappeared. That was followed by an update notification (SONY, JUST MAKE IT AUTOMATIC ALREADY!). I compared the old video settings to the new ones, and I can't say I was all that impressed. Maybe I was bothered that my "Full HD" PS3 wasn't upscaling to 1080p like my 360 does.

Well, after the update, I figured instead of turning on the 360, I'd try to use the PS3's media streaming capabilities. I've used them before, and I can say that eternity is the name of the wait. This time however, the songs wouldn't even come up after the unpleasant wait. I know the folders aren't empty. I'm looking at them on the PC right now. Why is it so slow?

At least Drake's Fortune's demo finished downloading while I was playing the Heavenly Sword demo. That was about the only highlight of today's PS3 practice in futility. And said Demo didn't even play with any sound!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home