twitstamp.com

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Coerced into a break

Well, as I usually do once a year, I'm going to have to give up for now. I just don't have the time. Life has taken over, and I'm not even finding time to work on my official blogs.

I just spent an entire day doing my performance review for my "real" job. Sure, I'll end today with some Rock Band and Halo 3, but I just don't have the energy to keep up with the gaming world right now. My main concerns lie in purchasing my first home, and getting the drums recorded for my "real" band and finishing that effort.

Many complain that the summer months are slow, but I'm thankful. There's no way I could catch up. The hours required to finish Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, Burnout, Assassin's Creed, and whatever else I have left is going to take me all summer. And that's assuming I'm settled in to my house.

I want to congratulate all the struggling parents out there. I don't see how you juggle it all. It makes me realize that the proclaimed TV babysister isn't necessarily done out of laziness, but possibly necessity. A good friend of mine is struggling to find personal time between wife, kids, school, getting healthy, and work. I just don't know how you could have kids without being finished with school and without being financially secure. It's possible, but ultimately it removes some years off your life I imagine.

I'm sure it's no surprise, and the sparsity of my posts already indicated I was done as of late. You can still check me out hookedgamers.com and whatever TechbugTV becomes. I'm committed to weekends so I'll at least make that. In the interim, I'll still post here what I'm not comfortable posting at the other sites.

ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home