twitstamp.com

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Xbox 360: Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

SqueakyNinja (aka the girlfriend) bought this game for me yesterday. I had been holding out to take a break from buying games. I also wasn't sure if I'd like it because I'm not into medieval times at all.

My initial game lasted a few hours. Time just flew by. The thing is...I don't really feel like I accomplished anything. I mean, I temporarily got to use a katana (I'm so mad the Blade stole it), and got to create my own "ninja" class. I even did a few quests.

The ES4O world is immense. Without the quick travel option, I wonder how long it would take you to go all the way across the map on foot. Too long most likely. It provides a feeling of endless places to travel, and hours upon hours of exploration. It actually seemed to be...too much. However, thanks to the quests, non-wanderers such as myself are given purpose.

An annoying thing that I'm running into is the healing and armor/weapon repair. During one quest, I was in the middle of a battle and my sword just broke. What the hell. I had to run far, far away in order to repair it. Even when there were no enemies in sight, it wouldn't let me repair my weapon. *shakes head*

This game seems more suited to the MMO-player type. It reminds me of someone playing one; running around, sometimes aimlessly, and fighting various battles and gathering goods.

Do I like it? I'm not sure, but I'm going to keep playing. For those annoyed by tedium, or who hate medieval times, I would recommend staying away from this game. If you are open minded, enjoy open worlds, and/or like the medieval thing, then this game could be for you.

For me...I'll see how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home