twitstamp.com

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spoke too soon; the PS3 "resucks"

I praised the background downloading. Good job on catching up with MS, Sony.

Anyway, I bought the "memory card adapter" so I can transfer game saves between my PS2 (my room) and my PS3 (living room). My theory is that I can play GoW2 in bed just before I go to sleep, but play it in the living room when I get home from work.

First problem: for your $15, they can't even throw in an eighty cent cable. Naturally, I don't know where my USB cable is for my PSP or my PS3 controller. I finally remembered that I had one in my car to charge my phone. Talk about annoying.

There's a dead cat in the gutter. It must have got hit by a car. Why did I have to go outside just to use my console?

I boot up the black taco, and try to figure out how to transfer my game save from a virtual memory card to an actual memory card. I honestly don't think it can be done. The stupid XMB menu doesn't even show you what buttons to press to perform the copy/delete functions (it's triangle). Guess what? You can only copy to ANOTHER virtual memory card. As far as the real memory card...all it will do is copy the contents to the hard drive. That's it. My plan is thwarted.

Now I'm waiting for one of these updates (hoping they've fixed the issue). Ever notice that Wii and PS3 updates take FOREVER compared to the 360 updates? Oh, and the PS3 update won't start automatically. You've got to press buttons, connect your USB cable and press more buttons...deal with an agreement...press more buttons...wait for it to install. The 360 does all of this AUTOMATICALLY after one button press.

Screw the PS3. It's little things like this that make the console too aggravating to use. Don't forget to baby that controller. Wouldn't want to accidentally hit one of the triggers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol...that's all i can say. i haven't laughed that hard in a while.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home