twitstamp.com

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Easing back in finally: Mass Effect

It's been a while, but I decided to sit down and pick a game to play. A non-Rock Band game that is. The To-Do list is still sizable, and that's just counting games I've already purchased but not really played. The inclination to pick a shooter came about, but I had already beaten Call of Duty 4 and played enough Halo for the time being. I wanted to play Lost Odyssey, but realized I'd probably have to start over because I have no idea what was going on when I left.

Mass Effect seem to compromise between the genres.

My first 20 minutes with the game at launch didn't really do much for me. But then again, no game was grabbing my attention at that time frame. This time around, I ended up playing almost 8 straight hours. The story doesn't seem as epic as a Final Fantasy, but it plays close to home, since it centers around humans and a future that doesn't seem too far-fetched. The interactions are a lot more personal, which is probably the game's best strength. Just walking around talking to people and delving somewhat into the backstory is entertaining on its own.

Lunch has ended, so we'll see if I get around to doing a late-review after I get further into the game.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home