twitstamp.com

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Rumble put to good use in Forza 2

Gamespot got their dirty mitts on the new Forza 2 demo, which seems to show the game is shaping up nicely. In a reminder of why certain features should be kept, they had this to say:



Thanks to an improved rumble system in the Xbox 360 controller, you feel more in tune with the asphalt than ever before--it seems as if every undulation in the road is immediately conveyed to you in your hands. More than that, you feel even the slightest shifts in weight and can immediately correct--so that your hands are always busy when turning laps in Forza 2.

Take that, disgruntled PS3-supporting rumble-naysayers! I guess Gran Turismo HD will be able to convey the same feeling with tilt? An echoing thought is unavoidable; GTHD will be taking more and giving less to players.

In any case, Forza 2 sounds to be shaping up into a better GT contender. Model damage is a plus, since Gran Turismo's lack of such always bothered me. I'll honestly say that racing simulators still don't have what it takes to woo me (unless you put in a 95 Taurus SHO). My eyes are still on other racing titles.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rumble in Forza was exceptional as well, I often found myself reacting only becasue of the way the road felt. If one tire was hitting the edge of the road, you knew it, and which.

After growing used to rumble, I doubt many realise what it brings to the game. For example, when I am playing Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter and my batteries begin to die on my wireless controller and the rumble is turned off, the game feels completely different. It feels numb, nuetral, bland. I don't have any physical connection with my avatar.

1:53 PM  
Blogger SuicideNinja said...

I don't know when I wrote about it (article I wrote after E3 sometime), but I remember switching to a wireless PS2 controller that didn't have rumble. It felt numb, neutral, and bland just like you said. I stopped using that controller after 20 minutes of playing Shadow of the Colossus with it.

Maybe I talked about rumble reasonings here:

http://suicideninja.blogspot.com/2006/06/sony-is-super-innovative.html

Good comments, thanks for reading!

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home