twitstamp.com

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Putting the smack down on console pre-orders

PS3 pre-orders are available today. Did I skip work to go throw $100 at one of my local Gamestops?

No.

And it's not just because it's a Sony product. You won't see me there for Wii pre-orders either. What the hell is my problem?

I love games. Obviously. If I didn't, I wouldn't have wasted time creating my own blog, reading news sites daily (or hourly sometimes), or playing them a few hours a day.

One thing I don't understand, is how teens and older can still get so damn excited for a new console that they will wait in line hours before a store opens just to attempt to secure the latest console. They're early consoles at that; consoles bound to be wrought with bugs and flaws. Not only that, but the price is at it's peak and the launch titles are usually everything short of exhilarating.

Ebayers, I understand. A plethora of money is rewarded to those who go through the work of waiting in line. Buyers with cash to burn will swallow those new console slash hot Christmas items whole, no matter the price.

The Xbox 360 is the first console I've had on day one. It definitely wasn't by my choice; Jessica went through the unnecessary (but appreciated) labors of making sure I had the right birthday present. That was about the only situation that a new console would leave me as an early adopter.

What about the readership? Did anyone go brave the lines to get the promise ring of a PS3 launch day wedding? How high are your hopes for the console to deliver?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home