twitstamp.com

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

PS3 quick comments

Many controls and options don't seem as "obvious" as they should be. They aren't as intuitive as the Xbox 360's interface. It's not always obvious where you are or what you're supposed to do (i.e. press right to go to the next part of menu, but the arrow indicator is tiny and doesn't stick out).

The controller does get out of whack at random intervals. It's really aggravating. I've died several times in Resistance because I lost control of my character for 2-3 seconds.

The controller is too light...it feels like it's made out of cheaper plastic than the Dualshock controllers. The buttons are overly sensitive.

The PS3 is huge and heavy. And it's still ugly. The chrome dressing looks like a cheap sticker.

The analog sticks on the SIXAXIS are quite a bit better than the dualshock's.

The online experience is very impersonal, and it makes me feel removed from my gaming experience.

The system is quiet. I've not tried any DVDs to see if the noise increases.

I'm lucky, my television will handle 720p apparently. I wasn't sure if it did or not. Thankfully, no 480p downscaling for me.

The extra features aren't really that inviting. Web browsing is awkward.

More to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home