twitstamp.com

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Going through the Guitar Hero 3 motions

Remember my GH3 demo comments? Unfortunately, my feelings have not been swayed by owning the full-featured title.

I went to Wal-mart last night expecting that they'd only have the GH3-game-only version. Surprisingly, they had all the packages except the one with the new Gibson Wireless guitar controller. I didn't necessarily need wireless, but I wanted the Les Paul shape, so after pacing back and forth down the isle, I decided not to buy.

As we were leaving, I noticed that Hastings was still opened. Much to my anti-chagrin, they were stalked with every combination you could want. I mobbed up on the Les Paul package and took it home.

Something about Guitar Hero...it's a black hole of types. It sucks you in if you forget to pay attention. I'm still disgruntled about the lackluster animations and overall feel of the game. But the boss battle with Tom Morello was a lot cooler than I expected it to be. The problem is...I thought I was losing, but I guess I won. Weird. I'm thinking this iteration is a bit noobified.

I'll do a review once I get through the song list.

I think we need a "Metal" version of Guitar Hero. I guarantee it would fair better than that crappy Rocks the 80's version.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home