twitstamp.com

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Probably could have bought a Wii; didn't.

I was at one of the local Wal-marts at midnight to see if there was anything "crazy" going on. The electronics section was pretty boring.

It looks like this particular Wal-mart chose to have the line extend from the layaway department. It was awfully short compared to the PS3 and 360 launches. There was still a couple dozen people, but it seemed uneventful. I'm sure they had plenty of consoles that night, but I didn't feel like waiting in line.

Squeaky and I decided to revisit during the day, and unsurprisingly, all Wiis were sold out at every store we went to.

I noticed an actual PS3 kiosk finally, and some little kid was playing a basketball game. It looked pretty good; the most notable difference between it and whatever basketball game the 360 launched with is that the court floor looked quite a bit better. The muscles were a bit more refined, but you won't notice unless you actively look for it.

Unfortunately, the console is still ugly.

I'll be sure to buy a Wii when it is convenient. I'm not going to fight holiday shopping traffic for one, that's for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home